Getting kids interested in science can be difficult, and finding structured projects for them in the summertime may not be any easier. We recommend the award-winning ScienceWiz Kits.
The Chemistry Science Whiz kit may be recommended for just children ages 5-10… but we don’t think the fun has to stop at 10. In the kit is included the basic materials necessary for over 35 activities, minus common household items. Capture a CO2 explosion! Grow crystals! Make candles! An don’t forget what vinegar and baking soda can do. 😉 Do some of these things sound over your head as well? Not to worry. That’s what the 40-page instruction book is for.
Try all six kits!
- Chemistry. Ages 5-10
- Electricity- Build circuit loops, send coded messages, and spin motors & pinwheels. Ages 5-10.
- Light- Capture shadows, bounce, make a microscope, and mix colors in a light wand. Ages 6-12.
- Inventions- Learn the why an how of these inventions! A flashing light generator, a clicking telegraph, and a real radio. And other things. Ages 8-80.
- Chemistry Plus- Learn about the elements by making rocket fuel, measuring the PH of liquids, and flame testing alkali metals. Ages 8 and older.
- Energy- Build a solar racer, make a simple fuel by using electricity to split hydrogen from water, and build an electric car! Ages 8-80.