Here are a few more suggestions for great Mother’s Day gifts from our LDS Department!
The Light We Share by Harriet R. Uchtdorf
What difference does it make to have the light of the gospel in your life? To a twelve-year-old girl in post-World War II Germany, it made all the difference.
In this charming book, Sister Harriet R. Uchtdorf reflects on the power of heavenly light in her own life and recalls the joy it brought to her family during a dark and difficult time. “It was like a miracle,” she explains as she describes how hope came back into their lives.
Discover how the light we share can make a life-changing difference to those whose lives we touch-as family members, leaders, missionaries, teachers, friends, and brothers and sisters in the gospel.
BYU Vocal Point: Spectrum
Following up their best-selling album of hymns and inspirational songs, Lead Thou Me On, this new CD, Spectrum, showcases the group’s signature take on popular songs from yesterday and today—including Sara Bareilles’s “Brave” (A snippet of their YouTube cover of “Brave” was featured at the 2014 Grammy Awards.) Here’s the tracklist:
- Good Time
- Dare You to Move
- Set Fire to the Rain
- Just the Way You Are
- Newsies Medley
- Home For Me
- Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
- Frankie Valli Medley
- Beat It
- (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher
- I Stand All Amazed
- Rhythm of the Night
Steven Sharp Nelson: Sacred Cello
Cellist Steven Sharp Nelson is best known for his award winning string arrangements and energetic performances with artists such as Jon Schmidt, Peter Breinholt, Paul Cardall and many more. Now, in his personal album debut, Steven Sharp Nelson delivers a powerful, yet reverent interpretation of various inspirational cello pieces. Here’s the tracklist for this beautiful CD:
- Unaccompanied Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major: Prelude
- Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring featuring Paul Cardall
- Clair De Lune featuring Jon Schmidt
- The Water is Wide featuring Peter Breinholt
- Be Still My Soul
- Beautiful Savior featuring David Tolk
- Chorale, “O, Savior Thou Who Wearest a Crown”
- Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini featuring Jon Schmidt
- How Can I Keep from Singing?
- O My Father featuring Marshall McDonald
- All Creatures of Our God and King
- God Be With You till We Meet Again