Only a few more weeks until we are back in the classroom! If you’re a teacher, we have all of your supplies here at the Book Table! We have Bulletin Board Sets, Decoratives, Borders, Record Books, and much more! We have everything you need to get your classroom ready for school in just a few weeks. Come into the store today and check out all of our teacher supplies, now located on the main level!
Check out this fun video to see what Summer Bridge Activities are all about! Call or come in to the store for details and pricing of these books!
If you haven’t seen our Education Department in a while, now is the time to stop by and take a look at everything we have!
There is so much new product in this department and there is still so much more to come. We have new bulletin board sets with matching books, matching cut outs, matching stickers, and even more matching product. Many themes including the widely popular “Chalkboard” theme and the fun and playful “Outdoors and Wildlife” theme.
We also have a ton of new product such as cut outs and stickers that may not match a particular theme, but are sure to make a fantastic additions to any bulletin board set.
We also have loads of new flashcards!! Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Telling Time, Word Count, Presidents, Dinosaurs and so much more.
We have just about everything here in our Education Department. Workbooks, Bulletin Board Sets, Cut Outs, Posters, Charts, Office Supplies, Flashcards, Butcher Paper, and more. You name, we probably have it.
Remember, the Education Department has been moved downstairs on the main level of the store next to our LDS Department. Come stop by today to get all your educational needs. Questions? Call (435) 752-3055.
Bring your favorite fairytale to life with Once Upon A Craft! Read the story together; then, watch your child’s creativity soar sky-high. Encourage a lifelong love of reading, inspire creativity, and spend some cuddly, quality time together! Each book comes with tips for reading aloud and additional activity ideas. You can use the finished crafts to pretend play or as props for your next telling of the tale.
The Frog Prince
Transform storytime! Read The Frog Prince together; then encourage your child’s creativity with the included royal crown and stained-
- Includes 24-page, full-color, illustrated storybook, The Frog Prince.
- Includes foam princess crown, 2 sheets of decorative foam stickers, and 1 sheet of plastic jewel stickers.
- Includes 8 vellum “stained-glass” sheets printed with ready-to-color story scenes and 2 design-your-own scenes.
Bring the action-packed tale of Rapunzel to life! Read the story together, then watch the creativity climb as your child builds and decorates Rapunzel’s tower, and creates a beautifully braided Rapunzel headband!
- Includes 24-page, full-color, illustrated storybook, Rapunzel.
- Includes 5 printed foam castle pieces and 3 sheets of decorative foam stickers to assemble and decorate Rapunzel’s tower.
- Includes 10 printed paper braid “loops” and a paper headband adorned with flowers.
The Gingerbread Man
Make story time even sweeter with The Gingerbread Man! Read the story together, then watch your child whip up some creative fun, decorating a gingerbread man and coloring seven story-based finger puppets!
- Includes 24-page, full-color, illustrated storybook, The Gingerbread Man.
- Includes a foam gingerbread man and 3 sheets of colorful foam stickers for decorating.
- Includes 7 ready-to-color finger puppets and puppet show stage.
The Elves and the Shoemaker
Turn your home into the Shoemaker’s workshop! Read
the story together, then watch your little one’s creativity blossom with a full-color, double-sided shoe shop playset with seven ready-to-color characters and a shoe to decorate and lace!
- Includes 24-page, full-color, illustrated storybook, The Elves and the Shoemaker.
- Includes lace-up shoe with shoelace and 3 sheets of decorative foam stickers.
- Includes double-sided, full-color playset featuring 2 different scenes from the story, 7 ready-to-color characters, and 6 character stands.
The Twelve Dancing Princesses
The Twelve Dancing Princesses will dance their way into your little one’s heart! Read the story together, then watch her creativity shine as YOUR princess colors five fun characters for use against a full-color storybook backdrop. Plus, she can create and then decorate a mosaic dancing shoe and princess crown!
- Includes 24-page, full-color, illustrated storybook, The Twelve Dancing Princesses.
- Includes double-sided, full-color playset featuring 6 different scenes from the story, 5 ready-to-color characters, and 5 character stands.
- Includes mosaic shoe and mosaic crown and 4 sheets of decorative foam stickers.
Jack and the Beanstalk
Take storytime to new heights with Jack and the Beanstalk! Read the story together, then watch your child’s creativity soar sky-high with a DIY Jack and the Beanstalk mobile and colorable beanstalk growth chart!
- Includes 24-page, full-color, illustrated storybook, Jack and the Beanstalk.
- Includes 4 pre-cut, ready-to-color, story-themed foam pieces; mobile frame; and decorative hanging ribbons for mobile craft.
- Includes beanstalk growth chart with full-color illustrations and coloring areas.
The Ugly Duckling
Transform the tale of The Ugly Duckling with two fun DIY crafts! Read the story together, then encourage your own beautiful swan to decorate a mirror, and assemble and color a story-themed puzzle.
- Includes 24-page, full-color, illustrated storybook, The Ugly Duckling.
- Includes 5″ x 7″ foam frame mirror, 3 sheets of decorative stickers, and a ribbon for hanging.
- Includes 16-piece, ready-to-color story puzzle.
Things To Know About Our Education Department:
- The Education Department has been moved to the main floor just next to the LDS Department
- We have butcher paper for $0.20 a foot
- We can laminate for $1.00 per foot
- We have all kinds of product: bulletin boards, cut outs, borders, charts, office supplies, dice, flashcards, educational games, and of course books.
Empowered by Nathan Cureton
A smattering of smoky remnants is all that remains of the once promising fire of success in the classrooms of East Crossroads Middle School. The teachers, each having entered the profession with blazing ambition, now struggle to protect their feeble flames from the billows of student indifference and waning motivation.
Within days of unpacking, Mrs. Kris Able, expert teacher turned school guidance counselor, is unintentionally thrown into the ashes of the mess. With wisdom and experience, Kris skillfully leads the smoldering teachers of East Crossroads on individual reflective journeys in classroom culture creation. From the burst bubble of a naively enthusiastic first year teacher to the authoritarian habits of an old, burnt-out science grump, from the too-cool-for-school football coach turned history teacher to the haughty theatrics of a straight-arrow doctor of mathematics, Counselor Kris instigates change, little by little, by teaching her colleagues four empowering principles of creating a classroom culture of success.
Empowered succinctly outlines universal guiding principles of creating a classroom culture of student success and then applies each in a vivid and entertaining narrative, complete with characters and scenarios teachers experience daily in their own schools. With identifiable characters, applicable lessons, and an enjoyable plot, Empowered’s beautiful blend of tips and tales is informative, entertaining and motivating.
Warm your hands and your heart by the swelling fire of Kris and her blossoming colleagues as they learn to create a classroom culture of student success.
Upstairs we have a fun demo table with lots of samples of thee games we carry. A recent addition to our demos is a game of addition, subtraction, multiplication… etc. We like MathDice by ThinkFun for its ease of play and competitiveness. To start out, you roll the two 12-sided dice and multiply the numbers together to get a target number. This is the number everyone must try and get. Then, roll three other dice, and each of the numbers there are scoring numbers. You must use the scoring numbers to get the target number, or as close to it as possible. You can use any combination of these operations that work: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, powers, and roots.
Here’s an example:
- We roll the 12-sided die and get 7 and 4, making the target number 28.
- We roll the 6-sided dice and get 5, 2, and 3 for scoring numbers.
- We work out our equations. (in our heads if playing competitively, or on paper if just doing it for the sake of learning)
- These are the possibilities we came up with:
- So, the last equation wins!
There are other rules, but you’ll have to come in and play to find them out.
This game is great because it teaches equations to kids in a more realistic setting. It also is good for older age groups because it keeps your brain thinking creatively. Teachers and parents alike want this game.
There is also MathDice Jr., a simpler version to get the younger kids excited about math.
It has been fun to see familiar and new faces come in this year to shop for school supplies in our teachers Education Department! I love the excitement of a new school year with all of its possibilities.
I hope you each have a great year! Thanks for supporting the Book Table’s efforts to stock what you need and want.
Please contact me with any advice, comments or even complaints so that we can do better. Also, thanks for the compliments I’ve received on the Education Department. They make me smile. 🙂